MEMBERS WORK PARTY (BOATS OUT/IN)
Saturday 9th Dec 2023
This is an important members work party. Clean up from the sailing season includes powerboats off the water and boat sheds taken to the shore. From 10 am. Come and do what you can!
Saturday 24th Feb
Boats checked and returned to the water, sheds cleanes, checked and put back.
2023 Christmas Party & Awards.
Sunday 10th Dec 2023
The Hollowell Christmas Party is always such a pleasure because so many people help to make it such a fantastic event, many hands make light work. So if you are able to volunteer for roles including:
- Cooking or washing up
- Setting up/tidying away
- Buying and wrapping Santa presents
- Organising a disco in Naseby (or marquee?)
- Bringing a pudding
Please contact Rachel on email@example.com
RYA Young Volunteer Awards 2023
Awarded to HENRY AVERY
The annual RYA Volunteer Awards recognise all those who have made a difference in helping others get on the water, contributing to the sport across the UK.
Henry learned to sail at Hollowell Sailing Club and in 2017, aged 15. He took the Assistant Instructor Course and made himself available to teach as often as he could. He grew in confidence and completed his Dinghy Instructor training. Despite now being at university he regularly returns to run one of the Sunday youth groups. He has led both junior and adult sailing courses, taken all ages out for taster sessions, and assisted with the adult refresher coaching. He can always be depended on to turn up and relates well to all ages and is a calm and effective Instructor. The club’s hugely successful children’s Pirates Day would not be possible without his leadership, and in 2021 he won a club award for having volunteered more often than anyone else. Patient and understanding, Henry will go the extra mile to help those who are struggling to progress their sailing. Thanks to his efforts, many of his younger sailors have now gained the skills and confidence to compete at regional and national levels.
RYA Dinghy Show
Hollowell Notice of AGM
Sunday 3rd March 2024
All members are invited come along and show your support. Agenda and minutes of previous AGM currently being prepared. First race of the year -Mad March Pursuit, in the afternoon.
Have you thought about becoming a DUTY OFFICER?
If you are an active racer at Hollowell you really should consider learning how to run races and taking your share of the reponsiblity of opening and closing the premises. All of the information required to do both jobs are now in our freshly published 'DUTY OFFICER GUIDE'. This book is PACKED with all the information you will need. Ask for a copy or take one from the box in the Race Room.
Note that there are courses available throughout 2024
Whether you are new to the club or are an old timer, we have updated the galley procedures and forms to comply with Food Safety Agency guidelines. We have tried to comply with the guidance whilst not making it too onerous.
The details can be found on the website pages Galley Guide This guide also in the Galley Folder in the kitchen.
The main changes are:
1. Aprons to be worn when doing galley duty
2. When food is being prepared you may not enter the galley wearing outdoor clothing, including wetsuits!
3. The dishwasher must be used for EVERYTHING - All plates, bar glasses, utensils and cookware must be washed in the dishwasher. It may be necessary to do a hand prewash to remove stubborn dirt, but then there must be a final wash in the dishwasher to sterilise in order to kill bacteria. Mugs and bar glasses must not just be swilled out in cool water and left on the draining rack to dry. If the dishwasher is not on, then rinse and leave on the dishwasher tray to go through the dishwasher when it is next on.
4. The fridge allocation has changed to clearly separate cooked and uncooked food, they are clearly labelled. The members fridge is now the fridge under the hot water urn.
5. Allergens labels to be used for all prepared food to be stored in both fridges and freezer
STORE DISCOUNT CODES FOR HSC MEMBERS
P & B have just put together a new discount scheme for local sailing clubs, increasing the discount to 7%! It can be used online as well as in store - just add the code to your basket in the checkout online!
Receive 7% Discount on non-discounted RRP.
Code to enter at checkout: LOVENOHOLOCAL5
Exclusions apply, does not include already reduced products, electronics, spars, foils, trolleys, or trailers. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.